Andong, serene destination for immersing in traditions
简介ANDONG, North Gyeongsang Province -- Two hours from Seoul’s Cheongnyangni Station by KTX, the high-s ...
ANDONG, North Gyeongsang Province -- Two hours from Seoul’s Cheongnyangni Station by KTX, the high-speed rail service, Andong, North Gyeongsang Province, is a city known for its longstanding traditions and beautiful landscape.
The Culture Ministry, in 2020, named Andong a "Tourism Hub City" along with Busan, Gangneung, Jeonju and Mokpo and Korea Tourism Organization been working to bolster international tourism in the designated cities.
Andong has a rich history associated with talchum, traditional mask dance, manifested through oral traditions, social practices and the craftsmanship of masks.
In November last year, talchum was inscribed on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage list. One particular talchum genre, known as the Hahoebyeolsingut-talnori, traces its roots to Hahoe Village in Andong.
The annual Andong Maskdance Festival, held since 1997, is an integral part of the Byeolsingut Festival which used to be held in Hahoe Village, its tradition dating back over 800 years.
This year’s event, which ended Oct. 9, showcased 18 different genres of talchum recognized by the UNESCO and also included mask dances from different countries. Numerous booths were set up where visitors could experience traditions and culture of Andong, while global street food and music filled the open arena.
일본 정부가 구매 의사를 밝힌 미국산 토마호크 미사일. AFP=연합뉴스북한은 일본이 장거리미사일 조기 배치를 비롯해 미사일 방어 및 반격 능력을 강화하겠다는 계획을 밝힌 것에 대해 ...
The Korean government will extend the current tax cut imposed on fuel until the end of the year, the ...
SEJONG-- Yu In-chon's Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism will continue the legacy of stren ...
Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan
Seoul subway on verge of strike
Korea extends fuel tax cut scheme until year's end
Wage talks between Kia, labor union fail again
Another suspect of Tajik duo behind S. Korean money exchange robbery nabbed
Blackpink's Jennie makes solo debut on Official UK Singles Chart
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- 오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
- Another suspect of Tajik duo behind S. Korean money exchange robbery nabbed
- 윤 대통령 “국민소통·현장소통·당정소통 강화하라”
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- HiteJinro to produce soju in Vietnam
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- [HIT Forum] Sci
- Samsung Electronics forecasts Q3 rebound
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- [HIT Forum] More than 400 attendees explore space at HIT forum
- The 2023 Seoul Fantastic Beer Festival
- 문 정부, 셀트리온에 코로나 R&D 예산 522억 몰아줬다
- [New on scene] Kim Chang
- Pentagon chief stresses US ability to tackle 'crises in multiple theaters'
- [HIT Forum]Space forum sees opportunities beyond our 'pale blue dot'
- 尹 “하마스 무차별 공격 규탄”...척 슈머 등 美 상원 대표단 접견
- 민주당 개표 초반부터 환호성…김태우 캠프엔 적막 가득했다
- Russian, Uzbek nationals under investigation after campsite brawl