SK Ecoplant recycles over 6,000 tons of batteries
简介SK Ecoplant announced Monday that its Singaporean unit TES-AMM has processed and recycled over a cum ...
SK Ecoplant announced Monday that its Singaporean unit TES-AMM has processed and recycled over a cumulative 6,000 metric tons of discarded batteries.
Electronic waste recycling company TES has been processing and recycling lithium batteries retrieved from mobile devices including smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
Considering that the batteries in such devices weigh about 50 grams, the total processed amount is equivalent to some 120 million units of devices, the company estimated.
Rare metals such as lithium and cobalt were effectively extracted from waste batteries at 92 percent, with their purity level reaching a staggering 99 percent.
TES has already earned international recognition for its technological prowess in battery recycling, having won several awards including the UK’s Reuters Responsible Business Awards in 2020, the US’ Edison Awards in 2022, and Sustainability, Environmental Achievement, and Leadership Awards in 2023.
“In addition to processing small batteries, we have also been solidifying and internalizing our expertise in recycling batteries from electric vehicles,” stated an official from SK Ecoplant.
“We plan to secure an edge in the global EV battery recycling market that is estimated to reach a scale of 600 trillion won ($442 billion) by 2050.”
Currently, TES has a foothold in a total of 23 countries, operating recycling facilities for discarded batteries in Singapore, Shanghai, and the French city of Grenoble.
It has also secured about 30 Basel Permits -- an international permit required to legally send discarded batteries to its overseas facility -- which has laid the ground for its outstanding logistics and distribution capacities across 23 locales.
“Our ultimate goal is to achieve a closed loop circular economy, recycling rare metals extracted from waste batteries to manufacture new batteries,” SK Ecoplant CEO Park Kyung-il said in a statement.
Additionally, the EV waste battery processing plant, scheduled to be established in Rotterdam, a port city in the Netherlands, and Yancheng in northeastern China, have entered the early stages of construction.
A senior South Korean diplomat has held talks with the new US special envoy for North Korean human r ...
9월 셋째 주 주요뉴스 키워드는 #통계조작 #조국 #최강인 의원직상실 #정유정 계획범죄 인정 #세수 펑크 #이재명 체포동의안 가결 #미국ㆍ이란 수김자 맞교환 #윤 대통령 UN총회 ...
13일 김정은 북한 국무위원장과 블라디미르 푸틴 러시아 대통령의 회담에 대해 14일 북한 매체들은 “(단독 정상회담에서)만족한 합의와 견해 일치를 봤다”고 보도했다. 김정은이 푸틴 ...
- One Store attracts W20b from Krafton
- SC Bank Korea CEO nominated for fourth term
- US strategic bomber B
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…내달 18~19일 방문
- [Herald Interview] Netflix's ‘Devil’s Plan’ expands realm of survival game shows
- Hamas weapons, tactics resemble those of NK: JCS
- HiteJinro to produce soju in Vietnam
- [Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
- [Today’s K
- PM arrives in China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- PM departs for China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- BTS' Jungkook to drop new single '3D'
- [New in Korean] Year 2020 revisited under shadow of disconnection
- [Book Review] 'Lee Kun
- PM to meet with Xi on sidelines of Asian Games in Hangzhou
- From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
- [Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
- Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
- Xi says he will consider S. Korea visit
- LG Chem pivots to LFP with Huayou for Morocco plant
- Koreans prefer cash in Chuseok gifting for parents
- Mirae Asset continues to lead domestic equity ETF market
- [Weekender] Behind the scenes of Korean food crazes