[Obituary] Park Seo
简介The news of the death of artist Park Seo-bo at 92 years old on Saturday was met with an outpouring o ...
The news of the death of artist Park Seo-bo at 92 years old on Saturday was met with an outpouring of condolences from around the world, as people remembered Park's legacy and his contributions to the development of dansaekhwa movement.
Earlier this year, Park revealed that he had been diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. He chose not to receive treatment so that he could keep working. To continue his art, the artist said, he had decided to regard the cancer as a friend that he would live together with for the rest of his life.
Throughout his life, Park was dubbed an “untiring endeavorer,” which was borrowed as the title of his retrospective in 2019 at the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea.
“He was hospitalized on Thursday as he was not feeling well. He fell unconscious Friday as his health rapidly deteriorated and he passed away Saturday morning," a person familiar with the matter told The Korea Herald on Saturday.
Hyundai Motor Group said Tuesday that its urban air mobility arm Supernal, along with its sister fir ...
"Face to Face" (a literal translation of the Korean title)By Choi Eun-miChangbi PublishersIn the aut ...
The National Changgeuk Company of Korea, which recently premiered its modern take on traditional cha ...
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- Opposition head pleads for support in ‘fight against Yoon dictatorship’
- S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'
- [New in Korean] Year 2020 revisited under shadow of disconnection
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- Dodgers prospect trying to fit in with S. Korean nat'l baseball team
- New teachers’ manual bans recording devices in classrooms
- S. Korean ambassador says stronger Russia
- Scholarships to begin in October for Ukrainian students in S. Korea
- Chief justice seat at top court left vacant amid Assembly chaos
- Seoul shares snap 4
- Trilateral talks open on Korea
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed, growth woes
- More seniors working but still not earning enough: data
- Intangible cultural heritage exhibitions, performances head overseas
- House ownership widens wealth gap between young and old
- [Today’s K
- LG develops key OLED material to reduce reliance on imports
- Questions remain after passage of anonymous birth bill
- Uncertainties remain for Samsung, SK after US eases export controls
- Taemin of SHINee to drop new EP 'Guilty' on Oct. 30
- DB Robotics invents nation's first hybrid electric rollator
- Disney+’s ‘Moving’ sweeps BIFF’s Asia Contents Awards & Global OTT Awards
- 김건희 여사, 광주디자인비엔날레 찾아 “문화예술계 육성 의지”
- 낙후된 골목시장 누비며 “화곡을 마곡으로 만들 것”
- In S. Korea, Hamas ambush raises concerns over NK surprise attacks